Open enrollment sessions: Register Here
August 6-7, 2013
October 8-9, 2013
December 9-13 (full instructor-led course)
Who should attend?:
This program is designed for safety personnel, operation managers, engineers, supervisors, superintendents and other selected company personnel whose work involves the need to address fall protection issues, train authorized persons, inspect equipment components and/or who are responsible for the supervision of employees working at heights.
Train personnel to the level of ANSI Z359.2-2007 competent persons related to fall protection system use, including the following:
- Fall protection overview, regulations and standards, including training requirements
- Fall hazard surveys (i.e., job safety analysis) and procedures
- Walking/working surfaces, ladders, roofs, aerial lifts, scaffolds
- Equipment components – purchase, use, limitations, inspection and storage
- Elimination and control methods
- Key issues involving active fall protection systems, including:
- Anchorage requirements
- Clearances and swing fall
- Written use, inspection and rescue procedures
- Horizontal and vertical lifelines
- Selection and use of certified and non-certified anchorages.
- Rescue preparation and procedures
This course is offered in two formats: classroom and a blend of online/classrrom. The blended version begins with online self-study modules that are followed by two days of instructor-led training in the classroom. Training in the classroom setting is conveyed using PowerPoint presentations, hands-on experiential exercises and case studies. The course provides interactive instruction, multimedia resources, and knowledge checks that have been developed to train attendees to the competent person level.
- Comprehensive manual used throughout the course
- Continuing education units (3.4 for classroom training; 3.0 for online/classroom session)
- Full classroom session: 40 hours
- Online/classroom session: 10-15 hours online; 16 hour classroom
- Full classroom session: $1,950/person + expenses*
- Online/classroom session: $1,750/person + expenses*
* For open enrollment courses held at LJB's headquarters, expenses refer to trainee travel costs. For courses not held at LJB's headquarters, expenses refer to LJB's direct costs of travel and shipment of equipment/materials.
The content exceeds the training performance criteria set forth by OSHA and the current criteria from the ANSI Z359.2-2007 standard. The training conforms to American National Standard Z490.1, Criteria for Accepted Practices in Safety, Health, and Environmental Training.
LJB professional engineers who are trained in the field of safety and/or those who are certified safety professionals will conduct the training. Developers of the training actively participate on the ANSI Z359 fall protection committee and chair two subcommittees, and serve on the U.S. Technical Advisory Group.